Simply put, a magnificent fort with a breathtaking view in Goa is Fort Aguada. This 17th-century fort, the pinnacle of Portuguese tradition and design, needs to be on your schedule when you leave your resort in North Goa for a sightseeing excursion.
- About – The Portuguese word “Aguada” literally translates to “Water,” hence this fort was known for having Asia’s largest water storage facility. When you visit the Aguada Fort campus, it won’t take you long to recall sequences from various Bollywood films that were filmed there. The natural splendour of this location will amuse you. You may see an unending sea, a lovely lighthouse, and an incredible fort, which taken together will give you the impression of a flawless setting.
- History – Let this be your date with history! As you observe the confluence of the Mandovi River and the Arabian Sea, over which the fort has kept watch for more than 400 years, one stands atop the decaying ramparts of what was once the most fearsome and impregnable of the Portuguese forts in India.
- Timings – The best part is that all seven days of the week, from 9.30 am to 6 pm, The Fort Aguada is open. This can be an exciting and historical getaway from the bustle of the city with your loved ones.
- Best time – You can pick any month between October and March to go to the Magnificent Fort. You will experience favourable weather during these months, which will make exploring the stunning Aguada Fort more enjoyable.
- Attractions – There are numerous tourist attractions at Aguada Fort, including the following: The lighthouse, The series of prison cells, The colossal water reservoir, The ammunition room, Church of St. Lawrence, located on the outskirts of the fort (about 1 km)
- Tips – If you want to know what is the best time of day to go here, you should travel to Aguada Fort in the morning or the evening when there won’t be any direct sunlight, which will make your trip more enjoyable and fulfilling.
Dress comfortably so that you can explore without being bothered. Also, wear comfy shoes.
Make sure you maintain a clean environment by not leaving trash within the fort or on the nearby beach.
You can visit the local eateries, which provide delectable fare if you feel like taking a break and need to recharge your batteries.
Bonus advice: Unwind in the best possible comfort! One of the best resorts in North Goa, the Estrela Hotel in Calangute, Goa, welcomes you to tangerine sunsets and blue beaches where each new moment is oozing with excitement! This remarkable structure is one of the top hotels adjacent to Baga Beach and Calangute Beach. The exceptional services, gardens, and vistas that are provided there unquestionably confirm that claim.