Goa has a lot of perks in the aspect of tourism. With the best resorts in Goa, tourism in the state gets a boost, making travelling both comfortable and affordable. Not only Goa is very beautiful attracting thousands of tourists but also has many interesting getaways around it. So if you have a free extra days in hand after you have had a contented trip to Goa, here are the most popular weekend getaways near the city:
- Tarkarli: For some more beach experience, you can visit Tarkali. The thin stretch of beach guarding the pristine water will win your heart with its beauty; the white sand would remind you of happy times.
- Malvan: Well known for Malvani food, Maharashtra’s popular sea fort, Sindhudurg is also located here in Malvan. Spend your weekend away from the hustle as you learn about the glorious past of the Marathis.
- Amboli: This is a small hill station that lies at the periphery of Maharashtra. In fact, it is the last hill station before the Goan plains start. Located on the Sahyadri hills, the hill station is calm and less crowded- perfect for a quiet getaway with family or friends.
- Hampi: If you love exploring the glorious past of India, no other place can be a better getaway for you than Hampi. The city is already a UNESCO declared World Heritage Site and is surrounded by more than 500 ancient monuments, which include temples, treasury building, markets and the captivating ruins of the Vijayanagar Empire. Pack your backpack and start exploring.
- Dandeli: A little extension to your
- adventures in Goa, Dandeli is a quaint little region in Karnataka. The place has the best of both worlds- water adventure sports for adventure lovers and the hug of nature for the quietness lovers. Choose from what suits you the best!
For the best stay in Goa, opt for Estrela Do Mar Beach resort that provides ultimate comfort and luxury at prices that will not pinch your pocket.